Saturday, January 16, 2016

2015 Reading Challenge Results

As I prepare to launch a new year's reading challenge, let's take a quick look at what I read in 2015.

Hugo & Rose by Bridget Foley
Queen Song by Victoria Aveyard (a novella prequel to Red Queen)
Who Do you Love by Jennifer Weiner (a book club pick)
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (I CANNOT wait for the next book!!!!)
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert (so cute)
The Someday Jar by Allison Morgan
The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (this took me a little to get into, but I'm so glad I did)
The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion (the sequel)
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
The Sweetheart Deal by Polly Dugan
Still Alice by Lisa Genova (have Kleenex ready)
The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
The Look of Love by Sarah Jio
Delicious! by Ruth Reichl (one of my favorite books of the year...maybe ever)
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Read Bottom Up by Neel Shah and Skye Chatham
Fairest by Marissa Meyer
The One and Only by Emily Giffin
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
Magnolia by Kristi Cook
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

Okay, so that wasn't so quick. Whatever.

This year I discovered Liane Moriarty and read a few of her books. I also finally read The Rosie Project which had been on my list for quite a while. I wondered if I also had early onset Alzheimer's after reading Still Alice. I fell in love with Ruth Reichl's writing as she combined food with beautiful imagery. Her descriptions were magnificent. Anne Frank made me think and feel. As I read her account of hiding, I kept thinking why didn't people stand up and do something. Little did I know that months later, I'd be watching my own country lose its mind and rational thinking. Fear is a powerful motivator and, unfortunately, some know how to use it against rational thinking. This is one of the reasons I love books so much. They teach us, expand our minds, help us to ask important questions. Last year had a reading list that had a little fluff, a little sadness, a little history, and lots of imagination. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store. 


Happy Reading!
 photo signature_zpsxffja1lk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment