Thursday, January 14, 2016

2016 Reading Goals

Good morning!

I don't any better way to start this new blog than to launch my 2016 reading goals. Last year I found a reading challenge thanks to Instagram. BringingUpBurns had 26 prompts for books and while I didn't complete all the categories, it kept me on task. I ended up reading 27 books in 2015!

My goal for 2016 is to do the BringingUpBurns challenge with a few added on to make it 30 books. I also want to read Harry Potter because, for the love, it's time to check that off my list. My goal is to read a bunch of books I own and have been holding onto, as well as, keep using my local library. Do you guys know you can check out ebooks through your library? For free. You guys, I have saved so much money this year by using my local library! Sometimes I get the physical book, but mostly I use an app called Overdrive to read on my iPad. You can also download the books to your Kindle. Check it out. All you need is a library card and to download the free app. Do it. Do it right now. And if you don't have a library card, go pick one up.
I love to read. I have loved books ever since I was a child. Ramona, The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High...those books are so strongly linked to my childhood. Life can get in the way and make it hard to sit down with a book, but when I do I'm instantly reminded why I love it so much. There is something magical about disappearing into new worlds. I truly believe books expand our minds, ideas, imaginations, and options in life.

The first book I tackled in 2016 was I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. This was January's book club pick, so I had a deadline. I'm currently reading Wildflower by Drew Barrymore. Yup. She wrote a book. I heard her talking about it on Jimmy Fallon and thought I'd check it out. (It's also overdue to the library, so I have to hurry up and finish it!)

2016 Reading List
A book with water on the cover
A book set on a school campus
A book with a murder or mystery
A book about siblings
A book with a great first line
A book written in the decade you were born
A book with a number in the title
A book that will help you grow
A book from the library
A book about a vacation or road trip
A book with food in the title
A book based on a historical event
A book you've been meaning to read
A book that won an award
A book you read with a friend
An autobiography or memoir
A book with a one word title
A book with over 400 pages
A book set in the future
A book with magic in it
A book you learned about because of this challenge
A book based on a true story
A New York Times Bestseller
A book off ALA's Banned & Challenged Classics List
A book that will make you laugh
A favorite book from your childhood
A book based on a fairy tale
A book published in 2016
A book with a culture you're unfamiliar with
One free book

So grab a book and get started! Let's discover some great reads this year! And make sure to let me know about books you love, so I can add them to my list.

Happy Reading!
 photo signature_zpsxffja1lk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment